Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Final Countdown

Well, only 6 days and counting until I officially go "under the knife". Again. I am totally freaking out this time too. Why? Well, I have no idea. I mean I am up to double-digits in the amount of surgeries I have had in my lifetime and I have never, and I mean NEVER been this freaked out about a surgery before!  The only thing I can possibly come up with is that with all of my other surgeries I was having something removed - adenoids, gallbladder, disk & vertebrae, teeth etc. But this time they are installing something. That is totally foreign to me. That is just wrong. I will be sporting new hardware - literally. The last time I sported new hardware was when I got braces and that HURT!! So I am pretty sure that becoming the proud owner of 6 new screws and a cool new bar in my back some 30 years later will NOT feel good! 

I am, however, looking forward to a much needed vacation. Sad, I know. I am actually looking forward to the hospital stay as like a mini trip to some weird hotel. My grandma was in the same hospital about 2 months ago so I have some idea of what to expect. The nurses were fantastic and the food was ordered room-service style. When you're hungry you call and order off a menu and you got it in 30 minutes. Crazy! 

So, long story short, on the 18th of June I will have surgery 200 miles away from home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my readers! Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions (preferably nice ones!) or anything else. Please no advertisements! I know all us SAHM have or have had a home business and would love to get new customers. I will post a link to an awesome website where you can post such ads.
Thanks!

<3 kimberly <3