Friday, February 26, 2010

Goodbye's are never easy.

I'm an adult, I know that.  I know that as an adult I will not and do not have as many "close" friends as I did at, say, 16.  But, the friends that I am fortunate enough to call friends are very near and dear to me.  My closest friend, Dee, and I have only known each other for about 7 years.  In that time we have shared a lot of laughs and a whole lot of coffee!  She has helped me through the good times and bad, and I hope I have done the same for her.  It felt good to know that I had someone close by that I could call up anytime and I knew she would be there for me.  Anytime. Day or night...she was there.  Well, tonight her and the family packed up a U-Haul and headed to Florida.  Some 1400 miles or so away.  To say I am upset would be an understatement.  I am absolutly heart-broken!  Her children were like my own.  They called me mom and I considered her my sister.  What makes all of this even harder is the fact that tonight she had a "packing party" and they were planning on heading out in the morning.  Well, the packing must have went faster than anticipated because by 6:30 they were done and Chris wanted to hit the road. Now. Needless to say, I had been planning on going over at 7 - after dinner - but they were gone.  Like dust in the wind.  My daughter KC called to tell us and I cried.  I talked to Dee, and I cried.  I made promises to visit and passed the phone to my daughter then went in the bathroom and, you guessed it, I cried.  I got myself together for a while, then my husband asked why I hadn't left yet (for Dee's). I broke down again.  I know that's a lot of crying for one adult, but I really feel like I didn't have "closure".  I didn't get to say good-bye.  I've already been online to check plane prices.  $189 round trip.  I just have to fly when it's 150 degrees out and even the "palmetto bugs" (ie: mutant cockroaches)are despretly searching for ac.  No, goodbyes are never easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my readers! Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions (preferably nice ones!) or anything else. Please no advertisements! I know all us SAHM have or have had a home business and would love to get new customers. I will post a link to an awesome website where you can post such ads.
Thanks!

<3 kimberly <3